I later read on a MS support page that, when installing or upgrading from 8 to 10, it basically takes a fingerprint of your hardware on their server...
So here's my question. Since I don't want to reinstall everything, can I...
1) unplug my W10 (unactivated) hard drive
2) use another hard drive to install a version of windows 8 on it
3) upgrade it to windows 10 to have my new hardware fingerprints on MS server
4) then revert back to my initial W10 hard drive
Since all it needs is a upgrade from 8 to with the new hardware, I figured this could theoritically work.
Best Answer: Nobody likes to see Avoid reinstalling everything after hardware upgrades issues when they are searching online, especially when people are watching videos or enjoying themselves in using computers. What can I do? Most computer users don't know how to eliminate Avoid reinstalling everything after hardware upgrades issues. Don't panic! Read the instructions below, and find out your most suitable method to troubleshoot Avoid reinstalling everything after hardware upgrades error and speed up your PC.
Highly Recommended: To scan, diagnose and repair your computer, use the Free Download recommended below. This program is designed to diagnose and repair errors that may be causing your computer to malfunction. SmartPCFixer is designed for computer users to enjoy a better digital life. It can detect, remove and block register error, dll error, common Trojan horses with ease. With this software, you can quickly and completely troubleshoot Avoid reinstalling everything after hardware upgrades errors. Follow the steps below and you can clear the Avoid reinstalling everything after hardware upgrades threat from the computer within minutes.
1. Download SmartPCFixer Now. (Free Download Now)
2. Click Quick Scan to Troubleshoot Avoid reinstalling everything after hardware upgrades error at once.
3. Click Fix All to remove all computer error and speed up your PC automatically.
Repair Avoid reinstalling everything after hardware upgrades Problems Manually.
How to Perform a System Restore?(Windows 7 or Windows Vista)In fact, to fix Avoid reinstalling everything after hardware upgrades error, doing a system restore is really smart and effective.
1. Click "Start", Type "System Restore" in the searching box, then choose system restore as the pictures below.
2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.
Related Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore
Related: windows Update Error 0x80004005,windows Update Error 0x80004005,microsoft Error 80004005,windows Update Error 0x80004005,windows Media Player Error 80004005
Read More: ,Random and constant BSODs, nearly all KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE,How to enter safe mode when system totally frozen,Replacing a bad SSD and Windows 10 activation,kmode_exception_not_handled,Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.?